Scientific studies have proven that the prevalence of the disease in it’s different variations can range from 10 to 60%, affecting all types of implants and connections. Periimplantitis will become one of the most usual dental problems the way to treat it a differentiation point for dental practices.
Implaline’s exclusive formula with high density Hyaluronic acid, creates a barrier over the affected area, covering the wound to facilitate the healing. However, to avoid bacterial attack to the protective layer, the HA is combined with an locally active adjuvant to ensure that its physical activity is preserved during the length of the treatment.
– Local decontamination (with our exclusive patented formula)
– Long term protection and regeneration aid (high density hyaluronic acid plus bone substitute)
– Reduced suppuration on probing from 49% to 0%
– Reduced BOP measurement from 100% to 14%
– Average bone gain 3,22 mm
Treat peri-implantitis without implant extraction, increasing treatment options as well as improving clinical performance
With several cases treated during the product-development phase, ongoing trials show:
Excellent long-term results: strong defect reduction, with very good aesthetic results
Strong short and medium-term results: excellent results after 8 days in 84% of patients and `good’ in 16%
Treat peri-implant mucositis (no bone loss)
Increase safety during implant placement
Protect tissue regeneration of future implant placement site
Acts as a barrier between body tissues and germs
Improves osteogenic and osteoinductive activity
Area protection: significantly reducing the risk of infection while enhancing tissue regeneration
When applied to a new implant, 100% of treated cases are well osseointegrated after 3 to 4 months
Faster bone regeneration in post-extraction sites when compared to other treatments
Better implant insertion because of Implaprotect’s patented use of hyaluronic acid
Rapid re-ossification of extraction sites
Piperacillin Tazobactam has proven to be effective against almost all families of bacteria. Given the huge variance of bacteria present in the mouth and the periodontal pockets, a broad spectrum solution to prevent infection or destruction of the physical action of the product is needed.
Piperacillin-Tazobactam, applied only in the right proportion, is an integral part of the physical activity, ensuring the protection of the high density Hyaluronic Acid during the length of the treatment.
1) Derks J. Effectiveness of implant therapy in Sweden. J Dent Res. 2015 Mar; 94(3 Suppl): 44S–51S.
2) Brunel G et al. Action of hyaluronic acid on the wound healing following extraction. Dent inform 2004; 7: 385–91.
3) Sasaki T, Watanabe C. Stimulation of osteoinduction in bone wound healing by high-molecular hyaluronic acid, Bone 1995; 16(1): 9–15.
4) Azlan M et al. The effect of hyaluronic acid-supplemented bone graft in bone healing: experimental study in rabbits, Bio App 2006; 20(3): 209–20.
5) Sasaki T, Watanabe C. Stimulation of osteoinduction in bone wound healing by high-molecular hyaluronic acid, Bone 1995; 16(1): 9–15.
6) Azlan M et al. The effect of hyaluronic acid-supplemented bone graft in bone healing: experimental study in rabbits, Bio App 2006; 20(3): 209–20.
7) Bartoloni S, Omer G. Peri-implant infections: prevention and treatment with a gel containing sodium hyaluronate and piperacillin and tazobactam, Doctor Os; 2014.
8) Conference, Santos Marino J. Treatment of Periimplant deseases. SEI Madrid, Spain. 2019
9) Zheng H, et al. Subgingival microbiome in patients with healthy and ailing dental implants. Sci Rep. 2015;16;5:10948. Ata J Candel ME, Flichy AJ, Penarrocha D, Balaguer JF, Penarrocha DM. Periimplantitis: associated microbiota and treatment. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 2011;16(7):e937-e943
10) Wellington ICU Drug Manual, Antibiotic sensitivity overview. Appendix 5
11) Romanò CL, et al. Hyaluronic Acid and Its Composites as a Local Antimicrobial/ Antiadhesive Barrier. J Bone Jt Infect 2017; 2(1):63-72